Friday, March 18, 2011

Home away from Home

Just need a moment to reflect here…on a very special time in my childhood.

 
My best friend in the whole wide world is getting married a week from Sunday.  I’m beyond excited.  And as I've been writing my speech I can't help but feel nostalgic and emotional.

I met my her back at Camp Timberlane over 16 years ago.  We formed the strongest friendship of my life time next to my husband.  I formed special friendships with many kids at this camp who over time I grew older with and have kept in touch with several of them.  

Camp is an experience every child who can, should experience.  It’s a place where you connect with the beautiful outdoors, partake in several activities a day, learn lessons for life such as CPR and life gaurding (great for future job use when a kid has to start earning their keep!) and friendships that will last forever.

My husband and I plan to send my LM to Camp Timberlane to experience for himself.  Though for us it will be a trek to fly him to Toronto and then drive the three hours outside the city to the gorgeous property that Camp Timberlane is located on (including a private lake) but I know it will be absolutely worth it.  

I’m not sure LM will cry each summer when he gets home and has to go back to school (like I did EVERY summer for 10 years) but I do know, he’ll have the time of his life and create memories that will never be forgotten.

Oh, to be young again...