Monday, March 28, 2011

Break away

Remember the post I did a few entries back?  About the YSL shoes?  Well this weekend, I got to wear them.  And boy, did I ever wear them...
It was my best friend's wedding.  My husband and I, close to the last minute, decided to leave LM with his grandparents on Long Island.  They so love having him and we needed a little break.  These days, the little ones do not stop and I have to say, as much as it felt like there was a hole in my heart when I left him, it was nice to get away and have some adult time.
The wedding was taking place at the new Thompson Hotel in Toronto.  My hubby and I checked in for the entire weekend (3 nights, ya hoo!) and loved our room.  The standard room that we had was small though still spacious enough to have more then two people inside, with a modern and really nice bathroom (only bummer was there was no tub).  Best part was the location.  A really hip part of town and very close to the highway leading to the airport which made it easy to get to for our travels.
The weekend was a blast.  The wedding was beautiful and we had such an incredible time celebrating with everyone.  Here's a sneak peak at the bride herself getting ready for pictures...she was a vision...
Here's a shot of Toronto from roof top bar at the Thompson Hotel - great scene, beautiful night.
More importantly, our LM had a fantastic time with his grandparents.  It's almost impossible to leave our precious bundles but if you've got the means, do so.  It's so good for you as parents and it's so good for your little ones to have the special family interaction and get used to sleeping outside of their home.  Makes for loving and easy babies, kids and families.