Thursday, June 9, 2011

LMM's sunblock pick

I'm a bit nuts when it comes to the sun.  When I was a teen I used to love baking out in the rays just so I could wear a white tee shirt to school and get tons of compliments on my gorgeous tan.  That was before I really had an understanding of just how fierce UV rays can be.  Well my LM's skin is like a clean slate for me to work with and I have no intentions of messing it up.  So we glob on the sunblock.
When LM was 5 months old I took him to Arizona and had asked my pediatrician which sunblock to use.  He suggested Blue Lizard.  I've been using it ever since.  I've tried a few other brands such as Neutrogena and Aveeno baby but they both went on very white and crusty making the LM look like a Casper the ghost.  Not acceptable.  Hands down my top pick is Blue Lizard.
Found at some CVS locations and on Diapers.com.
And don't forget:  sunblock for YOURSELF, a hat for your lil one and lots of water for the both of you, of course.