Monday, February 21, 2011

Babysitting students

So check this out.  When I was in need of finding a babysitter I found out from my mom group that you can hire students as babysitters.  These kids are living in NYC where’s it’s insanely expensive and are looking to earn cash.  It’s a win win for everyone.

All you need to do is follow the site on the NYC Career Service webpage and place an ad as a potential employer.

I interviewed a dozen girls before I found my match and she’s been a great asset to my family.  She’s sweet, reliable (most of the time, she is in college and sometimes I need to call her for wake up calls, just being honest!!) and most importantly my LM LOVES her.   She quickly learned his routine and comes up with creative ways to use play time.  
Her schedule is very flexible in the evenings and I get a few hours out of her when I need to during the day as she breaks in class. 

So if you’re looking for a babysitting student this is a great avenue to explore. 


The NYU Wasserman Center for Career Development
133 E. 13th Street (2nd Floor)
New York, NY 10003
212-998-4730

Good luck!