Monday, April 18, 2011

DIY: Passover place cards

Passover dinner was pretty low key this year but I still like to do it up and make my table look pretty.  I had thought of everything...except place cards.  It was down to the wire and I had to come up with something pretty quick.  So I looked in my fridge and cupboards and whipped something up...

My hubby wanted to buy a stick of fresh horseradish when we were in Citerella picking up ground fish out East over the weekend.  I have to admit, it was so tempting because everything looked so fresh in there.  Since I knew it was a completely useless purchase that we had no need for I thought it would be best used as my place card base.  So I sliced into rounds and took cheese markers to display the names.  My hand writing is awful so they didn't look very professional but none the less...still cute and very functional.